Acciona offers a very similar service to the other apps, with more than 150 scooters available in Valencia. Acciona’s 125 cc electric motorbikes can be driven by anyone with a valid ID and driver’s licence.
The licence required to drive these vehicles is either A, A1, or A2 (with the driver being over 18), or a B licence, as long as you’ve had it for at least three years.
Whether you need an international driving permit depends on your country’s agreement with Spain. If, for example, you are from the US, you will need an international permit.
The service, which is widely used in the city, offers a selection of pay-as-you-go and prepaid pack options. The cost of the pay-as-you-go service depends on the driving mode chosen.
Each of the two modes is more apt for a different speed: mode S reaches 50 km/h (31 mph) and mode C reaches 80 km/h (50 mph). On top of these, there are six credit packs of different costs and minute duration. As usual, the cost per minute decreases as the credit pack gets bigger.
Payment methods accepted are any type of debit or credit card accepted in Europe, as long as it is 16 digits long and with a CVC. Other payment methods are not accepted at the time.
Here is a breakdown of the price options.
|Option||Mode S||Mode C||Bono 35||Bono 60||Bono 150||Bono 300||Bono 500||Mensual 1000|
|Description||Pay-as-you-go, up to 50 km/h||Pay-as-you-go, up to 80 km/h||Prepaid 35 minutes||Prepaid 60 minutes||Prepaid 150 minutes||Prepaid 300 minutes||Prepaid 500 minutes||Prepaid 1000 minutes monthly|
Sign up process
The sign-up process does not differ much from one app to the other, and it is always free.
How to sign up for Acciona
- Download and install Acciona from our affiliate link.
- Open the app and on the initial page click on “access”. Next up, click on “sign up”.
- Fill out the registration form entering your email, new password, and phone number. Accept the terms and conditions and then click on “continue”.
- Insert the code that has been sent to your phone number.
- Enter your personal information (name, surname, address, postcode, nationality, date of birth, and the place where you intend to use Acciona).
- Provide a valid ID (passport or Spanish DNI/NIE) and your driver’s licence (front and back for both). After you have uploaded each document, click on “confirm document”. When both are uploaded correctly, click on “continue”.
- Next, you’ll have to fill in your card details. No payment will be required, this is just to confirm that your card is valid.
- Wait for Acciona to verify your information (this can take up to 24 hours).
- After the verification is complete, you’re all set and you can start riding Acciona’s scooters!
Getting a scooter with Acciona
Once you have signed up, getting a scooter is quite easy.
How to rent an electric scooter with Acciona
- Open up Acciona’s app and tap on the closest available vehicle on the map. Tap the button “click to book”.
- Once you reach the location of the vehicle, click on the “start trip” button on the app to unlock the scooter.
- Press the “Open top case” button to get your helmet. On some scooters, which also have a red button on the case itself, you will need to press it too.
- Get the scooter off its stand.
- Press the “mode” button on the handle for a second to start the scooter. When the word “ready” appears on the dashboard and a green light turns on, you are good to go.
- At the end of your ride, find a suitable parking spot and put the rear or centre stand down.
- Put the helmet(s) back into the case, always reconnecting it to the sensor (red cable), if there is one. You have one free minute in every journey to do this.
- Click “finish” on your app.
- The camera will automatically turn on after this so that you can take a picture of the parked scooter. Click on “confirm” after you take the picture in which the licence plates and the surroundings are visible.
- Your journey is now properly concluded and you’ll see a summary of the cost.
- Optionally, you can leave a review for the vehicle you just took
Acciona’s extra features
Here is some more useful information about the functionalities of the app and other features that you might want to use before or during the rental process.
Once you book a scooter, it will stay reserved for you for 15 minutes. After this time, your reservation will be cancelled.
If you need more time to reach your selected scooter, you can have an extra 30 minutes by clicking on “extend booking”. This will cost you €1.40 whether you use the whole 30 minutes or just a couple.
Once you reach the location of your selected scooter, if you’re not sure which is your vehicle, you can press the yellow button and the lights of your reserved scooter will flash.
You can take a passenger with you, that’s why there are two helmets in the case.
You can drive however much you like and wherever you like, even outside the operative area, as long as you return the scooter within the area.
If you want to change driving mode, you can press the “mode” button on your scooter. On the display you will see the letter S, indicating you are driving in standard (up to 50 km/h, or 31 mph). By pressing “mode” again you can change to custom (C on your display, up to 80 km/h or 50 mph).
During your trip, you can set the scooter on pause to run a quick errand. To do so, you just have to open the app and click on the “pause” button.
At the end of your ride, you may park your scooter anywhere within the permitted area, while always respecting local norms. You can check all rules and norms in the relevant section of the article.
In the picture, you will take at the end of your ride, remember that the licence plate and the surroundings must be visible. This is so that Acciona can verify that you have parked the scooter correctly.
Advantages and disadvantages
One of the advantages you will find with Acciona’s scooter is surely the speed and power of their vehicles over those of other companies.
As mentioned, their scooters can go up to 80 km/h, and with them, you can leave the demarcated area and go on higher speed roads, as long as you return inside it to park.
Another advantage of the app is the presence of proper phone customer service, available any time you need it, and not just a chat through the app. Whether you are a customer or not, you can reach them at +34 900 866 002.
One thing to take note of, though, is that Acciona’s prices per minute are slightly higher than other companies.