Tickets and opening hours
Tickets and opening hours
Never leave accommodation to the last minute
Hotels and apartments in Rome all get booked pretty fast. If you wait too long you're gonna miss out on the good ones. Book now to save yourself money and stress.
All available tickets give access to the Palatine, the Colosseum, and the Roman Forum. Here’s an overview of the different types of tickets:
|Ticket type||Regular||Regular + Audio guide||Regular + Video guide||“Full Arena Experience”||“Full UndergroundExperience”|
|Details||One-time admission to the Colosseum and one-time admission to the Forum/Palatine area.||Admission is the same as the regular ticket but with an audio guide.||Access is the same as the regular ticket but with a video guide on a tablet.||One-time admission to the Colosseum including the arena, plus one-time admission to the Forum/Palatine and the SUPER sights.||Same as the “Full Experience Arena”, but with access to the underground section instead of the arena.|
In addition, it’s possible to book a guided tour for the underground part of the Colosseum and the Arena. The cost of this upgrade is €9.00 and is only available as an option for the “Full Arena Experience” and the “Full Underground Experience”.
If you don’t want to book a guided tour, it’s possible to add an audio or video guide to your regular ticket for €6.00. They’re available in several languages and have high-quality content.
Points of sale
Tickets for the archaeological zone of the Forum Romanum, the Palatine, and the Colosseum can be purchased online or directly at the ticket offices on the day of your visit.
We recommend that you buy your tickets online. If you don’t, you’ll probably have to stand in line for a long time to get in. Moreover, you (usually) have the option to print your tickets in advance or pick them up at the ticket office where the queue will be shorter.
Buy your tickets for the archaeological zone of the Roman Forum, the Palatine Hill, and the Colosseum here .
Discounts and free admission
- Children under 18, regardless of nationality, have free admission to the archaeological area.
- European citizens between 18 and 25 are entitled to the reduced rate of € 2.00 for each available ticket.
- On the first Sunday of every month, admission to the archaeological site is free for everyone. However, take the long lines and crowds into account.
For all online tickets (including discounted tickets), a booking fee of € 2.00 must be paid.
The Roma Pass is a tourist card that doesn’t require physical pick up and can be scanned from your phone at all attractions and museums. With the pass, you can get free admission to the Roman Forum, among other things.
Below is an overview of all the benefits of the Roma Pass:
- Free entrance to the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, and the Palatine (incl. audio guide).
- Free entrance to St. Peter’s Basilica (incl. audio guide).
- 20% discount on museums, including the Galleria Borghese and the National Museum of Rome.
- 20% discount on canal cruises, including the Hop-on Hop-off Cruise and the Rome Dinner Cruise.
- 20% discount on bike tours, excursions, and guided tours.
- Free skip the line ticket to the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel.
- A free one-way ticket to the center from Ciampino or Fiumicino Airport.
- Free Hop-on Hop-off bus ticket (valid 24 hours).
The Roman Forum opens every day of the year, except January 1 and December 25.
It usually opens at 8:30 hr and closes between 16:30 hr and 19:00 hr, depending on the season. The ticket counter closes one hour before closing time.
Due to COVID-19, the opening hours have changed. Please, visit this website for the up-to-date opening hours of the Forum Romanum .
You might also be interested in...
Piazza Navona exudes splendor and charm thanks to its monuments of great beauty and …
The Circus Maximus
The Circus Maximus is one of the most astonishing and fascinating landmarks in the history …
How to get to Rome from Ciampino airport
Ciampino Airport, officially known as G.B. Pastine International Airport, is mainly used …