- Because of the large number of tourists who come here every week, we recommend going as early as possible and on weekdays.
- To avoid long queues, it’s best to book your tickets online in advance.
- You can also purchase a Roma Pass to visit the castle for free.
- Check the official website of Castel Sant’Angelo for current opening hours and COVID-19 restrictions.
- Please, note that you’re visiting a museum and that eating or drinking isn’t allowed here. Beides, it’s permitted to take pictures but only without flash.
- In terms of duration, a visit to the castle can take up to three hours. Keep this in mind for your day planning.
- Due to the structure of the building, there are some access barriers. For example, wheelchairs can only reach the fifth floor via a special elevator.
- Castel Sant’Angelo is easy to reach by car and in Lungotevere, you can find a parking spot in both directions.